I’ve been a bit behind with blogging of late. I had day surgery on friday so it’s taking a little bit of time to recover. I had some work done on the arteries in my legs. I have a weird genetic condition which causes pain when walking (and another associated condition which will need treatment). I’ve had some rather revolting post-surgery stockings to wear and it’s not been fun in hot weather. I took them off a bit too early and ended up with massive bruises on the fronts of my legs. No swimming until they heal me thinks. Off to see the surgeon tomorrow for a check up ultrasound, fingers crossed.
Mr Pablo has been ecstatic at my sedentary behaviour (besides 30 mins prescribed exercise each day) and has been sharing the bed enthusiastically.
Yesterday I did a bit of cooking: lovely lentil soup, an experimental pumpkin loaf which didn’t fare all too well and some pear and almond muffins. It’s not really hot food weather, I’ve been impatiently waiting for the real autumn to arrive, it’s my favourite season!
Pear and almond muffins
- Heat oven to 180c
- Place flour, sugar, cinammon, almonds and pears in a bowl and stir lightly
- Add milk and olive oil and mix gently until combined
- Place in greased muffin tins
- Place oats, sugar and Nuttlex in a bowl and rub with finger tips until crumbly.
- Top muffins with a tablespoon of topping each
- Cook for 40 mins or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool and store in container or enjoy one with a cup of tea.