I love chocolate puddings so I decided to make up a vegan one. It’s funny when I think that I used to buy these as a packet mix when I was younger, they are so easy to make from scratch!
1 cup self raising flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla powder/essence
2 tablespoon cocoa
70 grams dark chocolate, diced
Handful roast hazlenuts
2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes*
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 cups boiling water
30g non dairy spread
- Sift flour, baking powder, sugar and cocoa
- Add chocolate, hazelnuts and chilli flakes
- Stir in milk slowly and mix until combined
- Add to baking dish
- Melt spread in water in a saucepan
- Add sugar and cocoa powder and stir until sugar is dissolved
- Pour sauce over pudding and place in oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Serve with cream/sorbet/ice cream and fresh fruit if desired.
*Add chilli flakes to taste based on what you’d normally put in your favourite savoury dish. Or you can leave them out of course!