This is probably the quickest, cheapest and easiest recipe I’ll ever post, so you have no reason not to make it!
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 cup cacao powder (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- pinch chilli powder (optional)
- Soak dates in boiling water for 1 hour
- Process in blender with the coconut oil and spices until a paste is formed.
- Place in a bowl with 3/4 cup of cacoa powder.
- Still well until ingredients are well combined.
- Place in fridge for 30 minute until the mixture is firmer.
- Place the remainder of the cacoa powder onto a plate
- Roll paste into balls and roll the balls into the cacao until each truffle is covered.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat!
Variations: You can add black pepper, crushed nuts, coconut flakes and dried fruit to your truffles for a variety of flavours.