I have a lot of experience making soup from writing my second recipe ebook so I often whip up a quick soup without too much thought. This soup is sweet and creamy and definitely moreish!
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, finely diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cauliflower, cup into pieces
- 1 tin sweet corn, drained
- 1/3 cup edame beans, defrosted
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Dash of liquid smoke (optional)
- Spring onions, sesame seeds and pickles to serve
- Heat sesame oil in large saucepan.
- Fry onion, garlic and ginger for 2 minutes.
- Add quinoa and stir well.
- Add stock, cauliflower and corn and stir well until quinoa is cooked and cauliflower is soft.
- Add edame beans and cook until soft with the black pepper and soy sauce.
- Add more water for a thinner soup.
- Allow to cool a little and blend soup with a stick immersion blender.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Add a dash of liquid smoke (optional) and stir well, checking flavours.
- Serve hot in bowls with a sprinkle of finely diced spring onions, sesame seeds and splash of soy sauce. Serve pickles on the side
I’ve included this recipe in the wonderful Meat free Mondays collection curated by Jacqueline over at the fabulous Tinned Tomatoes-