This is a really easy cheesecake made using lots of great, easy to find ingredients. I would have take a photo of the whole cheesecake but it was eaten before this was possible!
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence (to taste)
- 2 tablespoon melted dairy free butter or coconut oil
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked in water 4-6 hours)
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 cups mixed berries
- Icing sugar/agave to taste (optional)
Soak cashews for 4-6 hours (or if you forget, boil in a saucepan with plenty of water for 15 minutes or until soft)
- Cover bottom of a spring form cake tin with baking paper.
- Put 1 cup cashews, in blender with coconut, vanilla essence and butter/oil and blitz until a paste forms.
- Press into bottom of cake tin with your finger tips until the bottom of the cake tin is evenly covered.
- Place in the freezer until firm.
- Mix filling ingredients in blender until smooth and creamy (add a little water as needed)
- Smooth over cold base and pop back in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Dice berries (leaving some whole) and mix with sugar/agave to taste.
- Spoon over the filling and leave in the freezer until 30 minutes before serving.
You can vary the topping with different fruits or chocolate, add cacao and peppermint (like in my chocolate peppermint torte) or orange zest or coffee to the filling or use dates instead of coconut in the crust for a change. I've made it loads of times and it always is incredibly popular.